Public Infrastructure Permits
Right of Way Construction
Projects that involve work in city rights of way will require a public infrastructure permit. Public infrastructure permits fall into two categories:
- Major Construction Improvement (MCI) - Generally used for large projects such as construction of a new subdivision or major modifications to existing roadways
- Right of Way Use Permit (ROW) - Generally used for smaller projects such as minor utility work or a minor driveway connection
If you are thinking about beginning a project please see our Planning Department. After you have gone through the whole Commercial Development Process, have a signed set of plans, and have had a preconstruction meeting you will need a Major Construction Improvement (MCI) Permit Application.
The MCI Permit must be signed off by the Public Works Department before turning in an application to the permits division.
To be signed off by the Public Works department you must have the following:
- Signed set of plans
- Pre-Construction Meeting
Public Infrastructure Design Manual
- Public Infrastructure Design Manual
- Approved Products List
- Survey Control Monument Data Sheet
- O-04-30 Noise Ordinance
- O-04-32 Chapter 46 Ordinance
- O-04-35 Design Manual Ordinance
- O-06-12 Design Manual Ordinance
- O-12-48 City Waste Water Ordinance
Design Detail Drawings
These technical drawings are Design Guideline Drawings in AutoCAD format “.dwg”, and “.dxf” format to be used in CADD software. They give the procedures and standards that produce a consistent quality of work on projects of the City of Missouri City Department of Public Works. Following these guidelines, or an approved variance, is mandatory, as they apply to each individual project. They currently cover utility projects, such as water, waste water, and storm water, and construction of roadway paving.
Instructions for downloading drawings
A table of contents provides the user with the specific drawing file name and its contents. Once the drawing(s) have been selected you may then download the font’s files with the extension of “.shx” these files are shape files for the fonts to be used with the drawing.
Large 24” x 36” sheets are located in the following folder:2004MC-DTLS, 2004RepairDtls.
Individual 8.5” x 11” sheets are located in the Individual Sheets file.